Saturday, July 24, 2010

At home

I know I'm posting really early today, but it's going to be a really busy day. Luke's gone. I have to help with the morning chores, and later this morning I'm going to help one of his sisters with some catering prep.

But I just couldn't help feeling really "at home" yesterday, and I had a great need to expel and process this information. We went to the movies and to the co-op. Then we cleared the corn beds, continued organizing one of the book shelves, and played cribbage. I'm not sure exactly how to say it, but as simple and ordinary as all of this sounds, it all feels meant to be. I feel completely satisfied by the work and the responsibility, amazed by the simplicity (but awesomeness) of the food, and welcomed/loved by the people. This is all infinitely amazing to me being that 1-it's so random. I haphazardly chose some farm on a whim. They don't know me from a stranger. 2 - we're so different. And when I say different, I mean pretty far out there. Completely organic, at one with the earth's spirituality. A big compound sort of living environment. But with all of those factors (okay only #1 and #2), I find it pretty inspiring and comforting that we can relate, live together, and laugh. I don't necessarily think that I am going to adopt their beliefs or be like them, but there's no judgements being passed. There are just differences being accepted and things being re-examined.

Off to the races so another short post...

No comments:

Post a Comment